Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's after 4 am on my 61st birthday

My mum died when I was young, and Dad could only remember that I was born in the early hours of the morning, or late in the night, whichever you prefer.
So 61 years ago, I was a few years old. Or as my Dad liked to say, I have entered my 62nd year.
My boyfriend has been at odds with me (he rebuilding a motorcylce carbutor - brave of him I thought since he has not done that kind of mechanical work for many years) and I have given up and returned to my own bed.
I think perhaps older women, like cats, like their quiet and solitude more than men.
I have been working on my first portraits from photos admitedly, however, ones I took. And I am thilled. My art can only get better, and that's exciting. I may not ever be commerically succesful, however, my passion has been ignited and I would rather draw and paint then anything else, except what's necessary.
I am going to bed now. Reading Red Cardinal - good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment