Tuesday, June 29, 2010

BILL AUCOIN

I have just learned via Facebook that a very dear friend, Bill Aucoin has just died from prostate cancer.
I loved Bill, and I use the word "love" sincerely.
And I am sorry that I did not even know he was ill.
I met Bill pretty soon after I moved to LA in 1978, and I could tell party stories, however, I shall not.
Bill loved life. I never saw him angry, always smiling and though he was not tall, he filled the room.
He let me stay with him at his wonderful apartment in New York next to St. Patricks (I could have stayed in a hotel courtesy of my Chrysalis job), however, it was a pleasure to spend time with him.
It was way up there and I remember one evening spell bound by the ballet dancing of papers caught by the varying breezes, and that's how I shall think of him.
Bill always treated me with respect both as a woman and as an astute business person. No boys club' treatment from him ever.
I believe he was a great manager. I didn't know him when he managed Kiss, however, he was with them for some time and I expect that they will each miss him too.
And he managed Billy Idol really well.
He sometimes got in his own way. However, I don't think I ever saw him not smiling, except for one afternoon, when after a hard day's night, he trusted me enough to take a nap in my LA office.
I joined him as his date one night when his mother and sister were in town and he was taking them to the theatre. A fun night and a privilege.
Bill, I am sorry we lost touch except via occasional FB contact.
love, ann

No comments:

Post a Comment