Saturday, June 26, 2010

Farmers Market Insurance - Selling my music is really hard and straw bale houses

And it's also a wonder how I managed to listen to them all at some time or another.
Whereas listing them on Amazon.com or Half.com is not particularly enjoyable, as another piece of my history goes up for sale.
What on earth am I going to do when it comes to my 2000 vinyl collection. Which has an almost new Denon turntable, my brother bought me one Christmas - very thoughful gift.
Why can't I have a large enough space for my albums and CDs, a huge window to light a drawing board where I can paint and listen to music.
Nothing too grand and preferably not within distance of many people.
And speaking of space, I have some books out from the library on making houses out of straw bales, adobe style. Caught a bit of a Huell Howser show about them and have become caught up in the whole concept.
Now if I could just get my car accident settled. Happened on September 7 2008, first one in 40 years of driving, except for small dings here and there.
And all I was doing was sitting waiting at the traffic light waiting for it to change when a several ton Continental Navigagor crashed into the back of me. The young lady jumped out of her car (not damaged, although I did find the grill emblem in the back of the volvo station wagon, which I have to be grateful that I was driving), cell phone to ear and apologising that her brakes just failed. Well she hit me at about 30 mph.
Now she's insured with Farmers and I am insured with Farmers. My boyfriend who had some damage to his arm from being thrown forwards was paid $1000 within a few weeks. Whereas me, with severe repercussions from whip lash, have damage to my brachial plexus (when those nerves get going, it's like having a rat knawing at you) and am for the first time since my mid 40s (when I finally got the triple anti biotic treatment for pylori bacteria, which stopped the constant duodenal ulcers I had suffered with since I was about 17) back in pain again.
Now has Farmers treated me equitably?
Well, it's now June 26, 2010 and I still have only been paid for the car. No movement from them regarding the damage to my body.
And I just read they're being accused of anti discrimination.
To cap it all off, my brother has insured with them for nearly 30 years, and I have for 12.
I mean how cut and dried can a case be when a huge tonnage suv hits a stationary car, which is only stationary because the law requires that you stop at red lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment