Saturday, April 9, 2011

My art, my passion and voice overs

Well, I have spent the day trying to 1. sort out my room, which is still a mess from travelling - it's a little clearer, however, I seem to only have one trainer! 2. finishing off a drawing and 3. uploading art to my first professional art site http://annmunday.fineartstudio.com, which was time consuming, however, rewarding as I went through what I have accomplished and see that I am constantly improving. Art is an addiction for me, and if left alone, would paint and draw all of the time. I am pretty pleased with myself. Except that I still have several paintings that I have to matt, and I hate matting, so find all manner of other things to do, to avoid what I must eventually do!! Yesterday, I also took the plunge into the voice over world and added four recordings that were made some years ago. http://annmunday.voice123 According to a voice over agent I met during my trip to the UK, my voice is English rose, which sounds rather lovely. The recordings are not quite what they should be, however, lovely Art Munson, a songwriter and a friend since I moved to LA in the late 70s, has said he'll record some more with me, when he has finished with his project. I would love to read audio books. And I did enjoy recording text books for Reading for the Deaf and Dyslexic and if gas was not so expensive, would help out again, although I do wonder what the reader must think when he or she suddenly finds an English voice in the middle of the text book they are reading. My trip to the UK now seems so far away, however, my brother emailed me some photos today and I have some lovely ones with my gorgeous two nephews and my lovely brother and his wife, Becky, who is just one amazing woman. Their home is beautiful and I have written about that trip in another blog. Enjoyed a good political debate via Facebook, a thread that never seems to end, or hasn't yet. So Saturday evening draws close and I need to go to the store and get some bits and pieces.

1 comment:

  1. This blog sounds like you Ann, voice overs, drawing and painting...being there for your friends and family and on and on.

    ReplyDelete