Monday, August 2, 2021

I had a wonderful and comfortable flat in historic Brondesbury, where I entertained my Aunts and Uncles and friends. I was happy. Although still suffering from depression, and it was tough to find a job. On August 14th, 1997, David called in the middle of the night and asked if I knew that Princess Diana had died He asked me if I would consider returning to Los Angeles to help him as Jody had decided to divorce him and was determined to have full custody of their two daughters, Samantha and Vanessa. I sold my home as soon as I could, and was fortunate as the parents of the neighbours to the left (also psychiatrists) were looking for a home for their parents. The downstair occupant, Hebert Daybell wished to sell and I was asked if I would sell. I agreed. I was rather sad, as my home had been used by Darren, my brother for his quiet stag night, before his wedding to the beautiful Becky. I stayed with my very close friend, Allan Rinde, who was one of my closest friends. David and Sami would visit, but Vanessa was not allowed to. One day I realised from what David was reporting to me (Jody loudly shouting don't touch me and throwing herself on the floor (she bruised easily) that she was trying to set David up for abusing her. His not very good lawyer agreed that he should move out. Allan kindly let David and Sami live with us at North Flores Street, just off Melrose Avenue. At Christmas, Vanessa was allowed to visit for a few hours. Tom Bolan (my Copyright and Legal affairs at Chrysalis) was now living in Los Angeles. As soon as I received notice that my furniture was arriving, David and I found a three bedroomed house on 6th Street, managed by Park La Brea. Nothing like my very comfortable Brondesbury flat. Brought over most of my furniture, which we used including an antique table that eventually disintegrated. Think I remember sending my fridge to Danielle as Park La Brea supplied one. Tom and I quickly realised that David's lawyer was not that efficient and Tom found one of the top law firms in family law. Really good people. Jody's parents, Gwen and Larry arrived from Pennsylvania and stayed at a hotel in Beverly Hills. There were acrimoneous scenes. After the first court appearance it was agreed that there should be a custody evaluation. The Custody Evaluator visited Jody, Sami and Vanessa at their house on South Ogden Drive. Sami would only go if I agreed to stay outside this house. The next visit was with David, Vanessa, Sami and me at Park La Brea. The Custody evaluation concluded that the only home where the two sisters could be together was with David and me. Jody had visitation rights with Vanessa, I would drive Vanessa over to Jody's new apartment not that far away from Park La Brea. Vanessa quite often got sick with throat problems and she loved to lay in my big bed. She never understood how I could be polite to Jody, didn't I know her mother hated me. Otime I had to go to Vanessa's school and look through through the bins for her oral guard. David (working for PacBell) had a very early start. I used to drive Vanessa to her school first, then return for Sami and we'd go and pick up Desiree and her brother (and I think Brittini although perhaps I just took her home from school) would drive them to their University High School, near the Mormon o their second collge near the Morman Temple. David would pick Vanessa up and take her home.I would return to collect Sami, Brittini, Desiree, and her brother. Sometimes Jody would show up to try and pick up Samantha. Loud arguments would ensue and embarrass Sami in front of her friends. Julian's (a good friend of Sami) mother, Sally would try and get her to stop - but to no avail. I got a job working as Personal Assistant to Craig Miller (founder of the AIDS Walks), however, had a hard time with the Office Manager She was a bully. She left and went to manage the organisation that delivers food to homes of people with AIDS. Craig was also asked to organise at that time the largest foot walk in the world in San Francisco, Bay To Breakers. David used to drive me to the airport early on Monday morning and pick me up late on a Friday night. We shared a flat - Craig, Antonio and me - overlooking the beautiful harbour and the office was in an area called The Bowery. Was sitting at my desk one Saturday and it was St Patrick's Day and there was a noisy, however, fun parade on St Patrick's day. I also got to listen to Neil Young and his band rehearse in an adjacent theatre. Craig had a very bad habit of cutting it really tight to catch planes, and we missed quite a few. I stopped working for Craig, although later I used run errands (paid) for him. He had a delightful mother, and his brother had formed a company to help farm animals. I wasn't able to get another job in the music job for a while and ended up as a PA to a Lutheran Minister at a church i could easily walk to. Paster Bullock lied and told the committee that I no longer wanted to work there. His son became his PA. He definitely wasn't a Christian. There were then some difficult years. And I went and live with Tom (my Business Affairs Manager at Chrysalis). Vanessa got into trouble several times and ended up in jail twice. I had to get her out of jail, frequently with Tom's help. Or she would call me (late at night), drunk and cry and gasping out that her Dad didn't love her. It was an extremely difficult time for me, as David obviously favoured Vanessa. I tried to treat them equally, but David would get angry if I bought them each the same thing, for instance net coverings for their beds. Both came down. An ex-employee, Susan Franks came for a visit and together (separate cars)we bdrove thge coastal route to San Francisco. Susan had stayed atb my home in Los Angeles when I learned that the man she lived with was abusing her. She invited me to travel to Colorado with Anita, my German Shepherd. I drove all that way and the first time Anita saw one of her cats she chased after it and Susan demanded that I left. The journey wrecked the Prelude's transmission, but it was an easy sale. David demanded that I left. I went and stayed with Tom and Anita came too. I left for a vacation with Becky, Darren,Ben and Luke in Tuscany. It was a wonderful time Sadly, Tom died of meningitis while I was away in the UK and although I knew that he had included me in his will, three of his disreputable friends lied and said that he hed not left me anything. I was able to scupper their plot by calling the Probate Office, who investigated. The three of them didn't receive anything and it went to his cousin Mary. I cannot remember how many years itb has been, but David blocked me his life. Vanessa had alreadt done so. Sami and Ross kept begging me to come and live with them in Corpus Christi, Texas, as they wanted to have a baby. Sami had become someone totally different. She was over-weight and never stopped shouting at me. She accused me of being after her husband. And gave me four days to leave or she would call he police. It did not help that Ross told me that she shouted at him too. I got stuck in a hotel for about ten days as the Manager of British Airways at Dallas, Fort Worth decided that I coukld not fly without the permission of a Doctor. No doctor I asked would do so and in the end, my lovely Physchiatrist, Dr Zinner emailed what this woman needed. My brother, Darren picked me up from Heathrow and my lovely stepmother, June let me stay at her home in Beaconsfield. Through the help of The PRS, I was acceppted (Darren comleted the application form). Now, I live in a lovely village, Bere Regis in Dorset. Richard Bateman, who I first met whe we both worked for Elton came to live with me last October and we're doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment